necklaces

necklaces
These are the style of jewelry I make: spiritual, contemplative.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Eureka!

A while back, I had been thinking about adding some elements to my work, regarding the concept of time.  It happened to come to fruition just by accident. 

I was browsing at a treasure trove called "The Enchanted Frog," which is full of booths of antiques, oddities and collectibles.  While there I met a gentleman who had a booth, selling clocks and repair services.  From our conversation I learned that he wanted to sell about 10 pounds of brass gears, the "innards" of a number of clocks he had taken apart.  I was elated, and made an appointment to buy them at his home shop.  He threw in about 10 pretty "grandfather clock" chains, and I went home really happy.  Now I have my "time" elements and I need to spread them out and gaze at the bounty, in preparation for designing some dazzling something or other.  They can be used so many ways.  Jewelry, journaling accents, wind chime elements.  Now I just need some TIME!!!!!  Ha, ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment