necklaces

necklaces
These are the style of jewelry I make: spiritual, contemplative.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day One

Today is the very first blog entry for Miss Elainie.  The Emporium consists of  crafts, vintage items, and the creative processes that make the projects.

 I hope you will laugh along, cringe along, and share the weird and wonderful world of creative thinking!

There actually is a Miss Elainie, and she really is an artist and crafter, and her studio really exists.  In her basement.  There, that ought to ring a bell with many of you.  Oh, and the dining-room table gets plenty of use.  To the point where, if we decide to have friends over to dinner, we have to un-earth the table and figure out where to stash the clutter for the duration of the entertaining.  I bet you know just what I'm talking about!

Right now, the dining-room table holds the makings for my windchimes, but I am itching to get out my sewing machine and begin working on the aprons I have in my mind. 

The basement studio is, well, waiting to exhale, so to speak.  It is stacked with boxes and piles of stuff that was moved from another storage project.

  But under all the stuff is a hexagonal room with tall windows on three sides.  The curtains are pink and orange see-through panels lined with sequins at the seams.  Stained glass ornaments hang in the light of the windows.

The walls are a pale peach, the shelves white, and every available surface seems to be covered with inspirational artwork, ideas, supplies, books and
projects.  There is a field-easel with watercolors, a workspace for beading and sculpey, a rack of acrylic paints; there are lidded tubs of fabric, and stained glass supplies, a matcutter, colored pencils, oil pastels, caligraphy sets.  It's an art-supply heaven.  

To the outside eye, and I mean my husband mainly, it's a mess, and begs a bulldozer.  NOT!!  One of these days I am going to retire from teaching art and submerge myself in there.  

The first thing I am doing is reading a wonderful little book by Kari Chapin.  Little by little, I'm getting the drift of how to set up my art on line and start selling it.  This blog is my first step.

Later!---Miss Elainie

1 comment:

  1. Honey, it is a beutiful start!!! I am very proud of you for being so creative as well as being so loving! I love you with all my heart! Jai, your husband and best friend

    ReplyDelete