necklaces

necklaces
These are the style of jewelry I make: spiritual, contemplative.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Energy Fairies Attack

Friends, I knew last week there was going to be trouble.  There was a show coming up, and things needed to be done.  And, true to form, I suddenly decided that I should buy another folding table to take to the show.  (I demonstrate my craft during the show, which entertains my customers and keeps me busy).  Anyhow, I was part-way through my search when the energy fairies attacked.  They dashed cold water over my plans, and skittered away laughing, leaving tiny sparkles behind.  I knew it instantly, although I only saw them out of the corner of my eye.  My legs went noodle-y and all ambition went flying away.  I plunked down in the driver's seat and sat there for a minute, pondering whether I had enough energy to drive home.  (I did.  Barely.)

By the end of the show Saturday night, it was obvious that I was going to be um, flat on  my back.  This is not surprising, since I always do this when I get over-tired, and over-stressed.  It has a lot to do with working full-time, and trying to be my creative-genius self at the same time. :)

I ended up missing two days of work, and am still not back to my usual self. I've decided not to do any more shows through the end of the year.  I'll just concentrate on making more products, making a better blog, improving my advertising and networking.

And, come on back, energy fairies!  I promise not to over-do it!

Blessings!  Miss Elainie

No comments:

Post a Comment