necklaces

necklaces
These are the style of jewelry I make: spiritual, contemplative.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Smithville's Octoberfest Show

This show was the first for MissElainie'sEmporium to display windchimes and art magnets under the auspices of the new name.
When asked where I came up with the name, I told people that the name is a play on words---the word "miscellany" means an assortment of various objects, and an "emporium" is a store that carries lots of various items.  Plus, my neice's middle name is Elaine, so the spelling changed miscellany to MissElainie.  Cute, huh?  I love it.

Anyhow, the business cards with my blogspot address and my phone number went home with customers and potential customers, and I had interested persons sign up for a newsletter (to be created soon).

We were fortunate to have a wonderful turnout of people, enjoying all the music shows, booths and activities available, plus the local food favorites.  And I was blessed to have my friends from The Vintage Flamingo right next to me.  Their store is an amazing collection of vintage and eclectic finds, in downtown Smithville (M0), and the three women who run it are a hoot.  I can't stay away from the shop, whose merchandise changes almost daily, and the gals are new friends that I just adore.

Speaking of blessings and friends, my friend Pat (who is retired from Hallmark) showed up at lunchtime, with not only MY lunch, but lunch for the three Flamingos...and since she lives next door, she dropped off lunch for my husband, too!  And what a lunch!  She served chicken salad in guacamole tortilla wraps, with tomato basil chips, fruit wedges, and baked a cake to share for dessert!  The plates were beautiful large paper plates with a fall theme...and people walking by stared and demanded to know what food booth was selling THOSE!

It was a good show, sales-wise, and an auspicious beginning.  I am thankful (and tired!) and encouraged.  Many thanks to my customers!

Blessings---Miss Elainie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment