necklaces

necklaces
These are the style of jewelry I make: spiritual, contemplative.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Shocker Becomes Learning Experience!

While I was off work recovering from pneumonia, my friend Pat came over, bearing a recent issue (Nov. 2010) of Birds and Blooms magazine.  I happen to like that magazine, and we have a little recycle thing going, with newspapers from our house going her way, and magazines from her house visiting me.

Anyway, she told me I needed to look at page 58, and I did.  It was such a shock that it's a wonder I didn't have a relapse right then and there!  And not only was I shocked, I was mad and discouraged, too!

For there on the page was a beautiful wind chime, made of a silver teapot and silver spoons, and the hanging parts were beaded.  The same kind of thing I had been making, independently, all summer, for my fall shows.  I use lots of other items besides teapots and spoons, but still!  I had thought I was being so crafty and different!  (See photos at right)

Included in the article were detailed instructions on how to make your own version of the pictured chime, and also, there was a website:
http://tempestinateapot.net/.  A couple of weeks later, after I came out of my drama and subsequent slump, I decided to visit the website to see what else was being made by the artist, Elsa Mikus. 

Interesting!  Lovely!  In addition to seeing her other works, I got acquainted with the way her site is effectively set up to sell her artwork.  No longer feeling disgusted, turning my attitude around had made a useful learning experience.

So, you crafting and artist readers, I encourage you to get hold of the magazine, or visit the website.  And as usual, blessings to all--and to you,too, Elsa!

Miss Elainie

No comments:

Post a Comment