necklaces

necklaces
These are the style of jewelry I make: spiritual, contemplative.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Time Flies

Today's subject involves not only my literal time, and how I spend it...but thoughts on how to incorporate the concept of time into my work.  Some visuals that intrigue me: compass roses, like the ones used on old maps, to show the directions, and clock faces.  Wait, there's more:  keys and spirals.  Direction, time, and place, and unlocking something.  Hmmm.

I have already decided that I need some junked clocks to take apart for their interesting gears, to use in a project about time... and the compass rose and the spiral both have to do with finding direction, the spiral being about growth and influence as you live...and the keys evoking the keeping safe or the freeing of something.  Thoughts to ponder.

Anyone who has been following my blog knows that I am off work, struggling to recover from pneumonia.  It has been a frightening and sobering experience to be this sick and have this much trouble getting well.  It certainly has made me do lots of thinking about life, the people I love, and the pursuit of a satisfying creative life.

Blessings---Miss Elainie



No comments:

Post a Comment